British Resistance March At The Cenotaph 2014
Page last updated at 6:58pm on 13/11/14
In November 2013 remaining veterans marched past the Cenotaph for the very first time. You can
see more on this here.
In 2014 we marched again and more info can be seen below.
Can't see the image slideshow below? Click here There are some images of the march available to buy here images 1534 - 1540.
1) Lucy Fleming - March Leader and daughter of Capt.Peter Fleming OBE.
2) Philip Merricks OBE (Son of Jack Merricks from Icklesham Patrol)
3) Trevor Miners (Auxilier with Perranporth
4) Stephen Miners (Trevor's son).
5) Angela Wilson (Daughter of James Elgey and niece of John Elgey both of Bainton Patrol)
6) Bill Ashby (Son of Scout Section Officer Lt. W
Ashby) and marching for the Lovet Scouts.
7) Neil Bent (Son of J S Bent of Nerrols Farm Patrol)
8) James Gascoyne (Son of ATS Airlie Campbell (Hollingbourne) and Auxilier Clive Gascoyne (Sittingbourne)
9) Hugh Frostick (Son of Cpl. C. W. Frostick of Horsley Cross Patrol in Essex)
10) Roger Green (National Trust Volunteer & Historian from GHQ Coleshill)
11) Andy Chatterton (CART Press Officer. Marching on behalf of the Coleshill Auxiliary Research Team & its
12) Michael Miners (Trevor's son).
The Home Guard and Bevin Boys are normally represented each year on Remembrance Sunday and take part in the
march past the Cenotaph on Whitehall.
10 years ago the Museum of the British Resistance Organisation started
a campaign to try and get Auxiliers marching but for a few reasons this did not end up happening.
In 2011 CART renewed the campaign and on 26th March 2013 permission was
granted by the British Legion for representatives to march that November.
Daily Mail - Article on Remembrance Sunday including us.