This page is part of a larger site tour of the Coleshill estate which is mainly Aux Units
locations. Click here to start
Please Note: The Coleshill House site and grounds are owned by the
National Trust. The woods and grounds of the house are all strictly private and access is limited
to set days a year. See our events page for their official open days.
Attempting to access the site outside of these times is not only trespassing but could damage the
future of our work and relationship with the Trust and villagers. Please respect
In 1942, the AU Signals HQ was moved from Hundon to Coleshill, where construction and improvements of the
TRD sets (including the TRM and TRF) continued. At the same time the Special Duties Branch established their HQ at
Hannington Hall, owned by the Fry cocoa family, five miles from Coleshill. Here,
Major Maurice Petherick recruited additional Intelligence officers to continue the expansion of the spy
organisation. Beatrice Temple continued to administer the AU ATS.
SEE THE STAFF BASED AT COLESHILL AND READ MORE HERE
This area of woods at Coleshill were used to house Signals staff and make the
special radios used by SDS and the Zero Stations. CART is
currently working with others to uncover more info in this area with it's Coleshill Uncovered project.
A short video walking around the area. This was shot before the Coleshill
Uncovered work was conducted.
An image taken from this area looking back towards the house. Image
kindly copyrighted to and supplied by the Pleydell-Bouverie family.
The front of Coleshill House taken by a soldier in February 1943. Image kindly
copyrighted to and supplied by the Pleydell-Bouverie family.